Concept and Short Description of Pub
We are a progressive company looking to attain an excellent reputation for food and drink in the local area. We wish to continue the excellent work carried out by our executive chef in setting up this business in August 2015. Based in Bayford, close to the village of Hertford. The food offer is quality modern British and international dining in our bar, restaurant and for functions including weddings, anniversaries and birthday parties.
We are currently looking to recruit a Duty Manager, for this incredibly popular hotel, bar and restaurant based near Hertford. As Duty Manager you will be at the forefront of providing an excellent service in all areas of the business. You will be responsible for assisting with the smooth running of each department and leading from the front with a hands on approach. This Hotel is all about the detail and believes that this is what makes a good and lasting impression. As a Duty Manager you will need to have the drive to succeed through hard work and commitment and a natural passion for the Hospitality industry.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
* Assisting with the smooth running of the bar, restaurant, hotel, reception and conference events
* Representing the Hotel/Restaurant to the highest of standards at all times
* Helping with cellar management
* Responding to any enquiries by phone, email
* Assisting with corporate and general events within the business
* Input ideas for marketing and representing the hotel in the best way
* Checking residents in/ out
* Cashing up
* Supervising, training and supporting staff in all areas
Skills/ Experience required for the role of the Duty Manager;
* Recent, relevant experience within the Hospitality sector
* Management or Supervisory experience
* Ability to use effective communication with all levels of staff and display strong leadership qualities
* Highly motivated with the drive to succeed personally and to push the business forward
* Flexible approach to hours and duties to meet the business needs
* Presentable in appearance
* Charismatic and enthusiastic approach
* Use of a vehicle to/from work due to hours and location
This would suit someone who has been in the hospitality industry and would like more responsibility and a higher job position, or a candidate who would like the same responsibility but wants to downsize. A personal licence is required but can be obtained with training if needed. There are other training opportunities within the company for the right candidate.
We are situated on the main train line at Bayford
Five day working week (including weekends), 28 days holiday and staff discount scheme.
Pay: Salary £19k-£23k dependent upon the skills/experience of the candidate Plus Generous Tips
This is a Live out position so would suit anyone living in Welwyn, Hatfield, Hertford, Ware or Broxbourne area with their own transport if required.
Hours: 45 hours per week 5 days per week (including weekends)
Apply to Please collect an application form from the Baker Arms to apply or call on 01992 511235 or email email@example.com
Look at our website www.bakerarmsbayford.co.uk